Note: Fire Opal jewelry is also spelled fire opal jewellery in Britain and a lot of British colonies, so we will use both spellings here
It’s an understatement to say that opal is a beautiful stone. A marvel of nature! The term “fire” implies colors that can be seen when you light a fire.
We usually apply the color RED to a fire but if you look closely you will see multitudes of color in a fire, depending on what is being burnt. Opal being a stone with every color of the rainbow is aptly given the name “fire” particularly if it is brilliant.
- It is Australia’s national gemstone and is used worldwide for creating magnificent opal jewellery pieces.
- It is considered to be one of the most beautiful and exquisite gemstones of the world due to its ability to reflect the colors of the spectrum.
- These precious stones used for making jewelry are characterized by a play of colors which tantalize and make them almost irresistible.
- On the surface of natural opal consists of tiny spheres which are assembled naturally in grids of different sizes. These silica spheres are responsible for the exuberance of the colors.
- It is the array of vibrant colors which has made it one of the foremost choices of jewelry enthusiasts.
Opal jewelry a unique class of fashion accessory
Fire Opal jewelry-Multi colored opal stones
such as black, white, boulder and crystal are used in opal jewelry. Black opal is the rarest and expensive of all. White opal possesses a milky white hue and is much cheaper.
Black boulder opals can be less expensive than Lightning Ridge black opal, the main difference being that the back of the stone consists of an ironstone base.
Lightning Ridge fire opal has a black potch (unformed opal) base or background.
Crystal opal has a whitish or translucent background and can also be a light grey color. However, the price of the opal depends largely on the brilliance of the stone itself.
Fire Opal Jewelry from experts
Like all gemstones, real opal has to be worked by experts to bring it into a condition that it can be used for jewellery. Fine cutting and polishing techniques are used before it is crowned into an exquisite jewellery piece.
These polished opals, when crafted in gold and silver spellbind the wearer with their stunning beauty and radiance.
Fire Opal is known as the ‘queen of all gems’. It inspires creativity and a mere glance at your ring or pendant will bring much pleasure. The immense popularity of opal jewelry is increasing day by day.
This multi-colored Fire Opal Jewelry can be matched brilliantly with every outfit and provides an elegant charm to the personality of the wearer.
Whether as a ring, a bracelet a pendant a watch or an earring, the opal jewelry piece you decide upon can be selected from red, blue, green or yellow or multiple colored stones to suit your outfit.
The natural radiance and fire of opal will ignite a spark in you and make you look even more beautiful and elegant.
The elegant and breathtaking beauty of opal is displayed in all its variety at this site. Take a look at over 200 pendants